Are you interested in sports and outdoor activities?
Do you fancy giving volunteering a go this Summer?
Why not apply to be a Canoe Safari Volunteer!
As a Canoe Safari Volunteer your role would include; giving health and safety briefings covering all of the aspects of canoe safety applicable to Martin Mere canoe safari, fitting buoyancy aids in a professional manner, paying particular attention to the sensitivities of older people and children, handling money taken for canoe trips, illustrating the use of canoes and paddles, including demonstrating if necessary, completing paper work relevant to canoe trips accurately, in particular on participants return, understanding the importance of prompt response to emergency calls, monitoring the canoe route and visitors, participating in canoeing activities and maintaining the tidiness of canoe hut and surrounding area
Who are we looking for?
No previous experience is required as training will be provided. However this role will suit you if you have a love of wildlife and the outdoors and are:
• Confident or experienced in talking to the public
• Able to work in a team of staff and volunteers
• Experienced in a visitor service environment with a strong commitment to excellent customer service
• Experience in canoeing is an advantage
How will you benefit?
• This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site
• Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers
• Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
• Training opportunities will be provided
• Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
The role will be over one/two days per week Monday – Sunday
You must be 18 years or over to apply for this role.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please contact Janice Howard or Nicci Sutton-Kelsall at West Lancashire Volunteer Centre – firstname.lastname@example.org or 01695 733737