Young Addaction Lancashire
Young Addaction deliver drug and alcohol services throughout Lancashire (excluding Blackpool and Blackburn). They aim to deliver an accessible, young person friendly service which focusses on a variety of needs. They offer an integrated early intervention, prevention, treatment and community engagement service for young people up to 25 years. The new service is commissioned in partnership with the Public Health Department within Lancashire County Council.
As part of their service they:
• Work one to one and in groups with young people to address their own substance or alcohol misuse
• Deliver group work sessions with young people in schools, colleges and youth groups etc.
• Train professionals, parents, and foster carers on substance misuse and the wider risks associated
• Address a range of issues that impact on the young person and affect their resilience e.g. smoking, self-harm emotional health and wellbeing (see additional model information)
• Support families and carers
• Link into wider support within the county including our own bespoke groups
• Operate regular detached outreach with the provision of diversionary activities across Lancashire.
For further information, please contact Natalie.Shirley@addaction.org.uk